Skip to content
- In fact, these UAVs (or drones, as they are commonly called) will soon be able to see and map the world in 3D using reality capture software.
- This is where the reality capture drone comes in.
- These reality capture drones, capable of easily rendering flat photographs into 3D models, will have the ability to collect information on a scale previously thought difficult or impossible.
- Drones are to be fitted with Leica’s RCD30 Oblique camera for 3D urban mapping.
- They will also be equipped with Acute3D’s ContextCapture software, which is designed to produce high-resolution 3D models from photographs without human intervention.