- Join host Graphisoft and Abvent on a special live webinar demonstrating Twinmotion and ArchiCAD for advanced yet simple visualizations for AEC.
Graphisoft, the leading Building Information Modeling (BIM) software vendor, has announced today a new live, webinar online for 2 February 2016.
- The focus of the webinar is the introduction of Twinmotion software for ArchiCAD 19.
- Developed by Ka-Ra and distributed worldwide by Abvent of France, Twinmotion is compatible with every 3D modeling software on the market today, in addition to leading BIM software programs such as ArchiCAD 19.
- Regarded a great fit for architecture, landscape and urban planning professionals, Twinmotion is considered special because of its ease-of-use and power.
- The award-winning AEC visualization program Twinmotion is changing the way designers and engineers interact with their 3D models.
- Architecture studio Ambrosi Etchegaray has slotted four new homes behind a historic facade in Mexico City, but left enough space for three secluded patios (+ slideshow).
- “The [facade] condition inspired us to rethink life inside the old house and translate the schema into the new building,” explained Ambrosi and Etchegaray.
- “The project’s intention was to create interior spaces emulating the original patios, while maintaining privacy of these spaces from the other apartments,” they added.
- The first of the four homes sits directly behind the facade, occupying the first, second and third floors.
- Known as the Antonio Sola Townhouses, the four-storey block is located in the Colonia Condesa neighbourhood, near where architects Jorge Ambrosi and Gabriela Etchegaray are based.
- The cover of David Bowie’s Blackstar album, released just days before his death, was designed to reflect the musician’s mortality, according to his graphic design collaborator Jonathan Barnbrook.
- This week on Dezeen: the designer behind David Bowie’s Blackstar album artwork revealed its true meaning in an exclusive interview and we looked ahead to the era of the “megatall” skyscraper.
More architecture | More interiors | More design | More news
- Rotterdam-based architecture firm OMA also released images of its renovation plan for Berlin’s KaDeWe department store.
- Rotterdam is fast becoming a centre for innovation, according to architects we interviewed this week.
- Eagle New Energy specialise in the supply and installation of Photovoltaic systems.
- As part of our on-going expansion programme we are looking for solar PV installation companies to work with us.
- Your team will have previous experience and category 2 asbestos training would be an advantage.
- Operatives will ideally have either PASMA or IPAF training and you will need to work within East Anglia and the London area on mainly commercial projects.
For further details or to apply please contact Charlotte Adams, Business Development Manager via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dezeen promotion: a south London residence updated with new living spaces, custom-built furniture and a two-storey lightwell has been named winner in a competition to find London’s best house extensions (+ slideshow).
- Designed by Tsuruta Architects to reveal “memories of place and construction”, House of Trace is a two-storey addition to a Victorian property in south London.
- The prize for Best Historic Intervention was scooped by Fitzrovia House, a project by West Architecture that involved inserting a new residence behind the Georgian facade of a bomb-damaged west-London house.
- Dezeen’s architecture editor Amy Frearson and RIBA London Director Tamsie Thomson were among the judges, who were chaired by NLA director Peter Murray.
- “The standard of Don’t Move Improve continues to rise each year,” commented Murray.
- £35m terminal will be built at the Trafalgar Dock
Plans to build a new ferry terminal for Red Funnel in Southampton have got the green light.
- The facilities are to be moved from Town Quay to the Eastern Docks to make way for a £450m waterfront development, due to go before planners in August.
- Red Funnel plans to build the £35m ferry terminal at the Trafalgar Dock to improve links with the Isle of White.
It will include a four-deck car park above the marshalling yard to replace existing surface parking and car storage
Kevin George, CEO at Red Funnel, said: “We’re delighted that the plans have been approved.
“This is a major step for Red Funnel in terms of delivering the first part of the Solent Gateways scheme alongside the proposals for East Cowes, which are also being progressed.”
- LOOK OUT FOR
Whether a team has a new manager or one in their third or fourth season, the Dr McKenna Cup will always see a flurry of new faces. Éamonn Burns has given county debuts to a number of Down players in the last few weeks.
- Last week’s win over St Mary’s in their final Dr McKenna Cup match was their first victory since defeating Laois last April to secure promotion from Division Two.
- Forwards Gareth Johnson (Tullylish) and Seán Dornan (Castlewellan) got on the scoresheet during the McKenna Cup, while Ballyholland’s Joe Murphy added some physical presence to the attacking department.
- When we speak, he’s working in Bangor; he could be anywhere around the country, any day of the week he admits.
- It’s the sort of life Cavan manager Terry Hyland said recently is becoming less and less conducive to an inter-county career. But with the construction industry picking up, so too are the opportunities for the 25-year-old Down forward.
- A thick loop of concrete forms the walls, flooring and roof of this pool house, completed by Indian firm 42mm Architecture in the garden of a New Delhi residence (+ slideshow).
- The pre-stressed concrete structure made it possible to slightly cantilever the structure over the edge of its sloping site.
Other recently completed pool houses include a bulky concrete structure in Madrid and a building with a folded wooden ceiling in Melbourne.
- “This combination of wood and concrete renders an expression which welcomes its guests while dazzling them,” added 42mm Architecture.
- “Asserting its presence with a singular, bold and robust frame, this house sits impressively within its surroundings,” it added.
- A strip of double insulated U-glass brings natural light into the production hall from the south, while protecting it from summer sun exposure.
- Black glass walls enclose a showroom where a movement-activated system plays atmospheric music when someone enters the space.
- “The white walls, floor and ceiling polarise the dark entry funnel.”
- Tinted and textured glass delineate areas inside this office and factory completed by V.oid Architecture for the Lima-based company that manufactures car windscreens for Tesla (+ slideshow).
- The production offices are suspended over the vast machinery hall, giving employees clear views of the production line.
- Initially these injured construction workers were rushed to the Primary Health Centre in Mauda where they received preliminary treatment.
- Nagpur (Mauda): In what could be mentioned as unfortunate especially on a festive day, the slab of an under-construction building collapsed and fell on the construction workers working on the site on January 15, 2016.
- Nearly 22 workers were trapped in the debris of the collapsed slab.
- The Police, Fire and other departments of the district administration swung into action and retrieved every construction worker from the debris.
- However, Medical Officer of Casualty Ward Dr Vaneeta Bokade added that no worker is critical but are being treated for minor injuries, abrasions, lesions etc. . .