- Join host Graphisoft and Abvent on a special live webinar demonstrating Twinmotion and ArchiCAD for advanced yet simple visualizations for AEC.
Graphisoft, the leading Building Information Modeling (BIM) software vendor, has announced today a new live, webinar online for 2 February 2016.
- The focus of the webinar is the introduction of Twinmotion software for ArchiCAD 19.
- Developed by Ka-Ra and distributed worldwide by Abvent of France, Twinmotion is compatible with every 3D modeling software on the market today, in addition to leading BIM software programs such as ArchiCAD 19.
- Regarded a great fit for architecture, landscape and urban planning professionals, Twinmotion is considered special because of its ease-of-use and power.
- The award-winning AEC visualization program Twinmotion is changing the way designers and engineers interact with their 3D models.
- The event was designed to enhance the students’ understanding of various BIM concepts and scenarios.
- Recently, 24 university students from three different universities in Singapore, Australia and Columbia had the opportunity to take part in a five-day 5D BIM Immersion and Competition.
- The immersion featured a number of hands-on training sessions on 4D and 5D BIM concepts using a variety of software such as ARCHICAD and Synchro.
For more information on the 5D BIM Immersion and Competition, visit the GRAPHISOFT website.
- Students in the southern hemisphere have been busy learning what building information modeling (BIM) is all about.
- Unlike CAD programs, Revit will not allow you to override a dimension value with another dimension value without changing the geometry.
- He is a member of AUGI, Club Revit, the UK Revit Register, the Los Angeles Revit Users Group and the Southern California Revit Users Group.
- A listening dimension is a form of temporary dimension that appears as an element is being sketched inside or outside the sketch mode.
- When this is clicked, it turns the temporary dimension into a permanent dimension (see Figure 15).
- Diameter: The Diameter dimension tool measures the length of a straight line segment that passes through the center of a circle.
- This is the Tetris House: a modular housing design that loves to show off its good side.
- The entire Tetris House structure is constructed of concrete and steel with walls of glass windows.
- As you may have guessed, the puzzle video game Tetris is the inspiration for this modern modular housing design.
“The entire Tetris House structure consists of stiff ‘building blocks,’” said Janjaap Ruijssenaars, founder of the house’s designer Universe Architecture.
- The Tetris House design was recently approved for mass production on an international scale—meaning that it could be showing up in a neighborhood near you.
To learn more about the Tetris House system, check out the website.
- The add-on lets users create ball post railing systems in their building information modeling (BIM) designs.
For more information and to download the Ball Post Railing Designer add-on for Advance Steel, check out the GRAITEC website.
- Recently, French BIM and CAD software vendor GRAITEC announced the Ball Post Railing Designer add-on.
- Custom systems have options for various aspects of the design process, including:
Much like in earlier discussions about the benefits of ready-made BIM content, the Ball Post Railing Designer app is intended as a time-saving concept.
- The aptly named software is an extension for Autodesk Advance Steel 2016 which can be downloaded for free.
- Counting both ongoing and planned construction projects the GCC’s construction pipeline totals USD 2.8 trillion especially in mixed-use mega-developments airports and seaports and transportation infrastructure according to the recent report “GCC Powers of Construction 2015” by Deloitte.
- At The Big 5 Tekla is showcasing its BIM software Tekla Structures 21 and Tekla Structural Designer along with Tekla BIMsight an open BIM viewer and Tekla Field 3D for viewing BIM models on smartphones and tablets.
- (MENAFN Press) Tekla to Further Integrate with Trimble Delivering Global Best Practices in Construction Technology to Middle East
Dubai United Arab Emirates: GCC contractors must adopt the latest construction software to ensure the swift delivery of nearly USD 3 trillion worth of construction projects industry experts declared today ahead of The Big 5 construction exhibition.
- Advancing government BIM mandates further demonstrate the Middle East’s desire to be on par with global innovators in the construction field” said Paul Wallett Area Business Director Tekla Middle East.
- From BIM to holographic technology to real estate management software we’ll deliver best practices in technology to help the Middle East’s architecture engineering and construction firms deliver on innovation agendas” added Paul Wallett.
- Counting both ongoing and planned construction projects, the GCC’s construction pipeline totals $2.8 trillion, especially in mixed-use mega-developments, airports and seaports, and transportation infrastructure, according to the recent report by Deloitte.
- “The Middle East is seeing nationwide transformation in construction innovation, with projects for mega-events such as World Expo 2020 in Dubai and 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar stretching design boundaries.
- The building and construction sector in Jebel Ali Free Zone (Jafza) has witnessed 74 per cent growth in the last five years growing from Dh10.7 billion in 2009 to Dh18.6 billion in 2014.
- Advancing government BIM mandates further demonstrate the Middle East’s desire to be on par with global innovators in the construction field,” Paul Wallett, area business director, Tekla Middle East, said in a statement.
- Among the top visiting countries to the event will be the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iran, India, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Egypt and Pakistan.
- But as popular as it is in the industry, it is still hard to find qualified and experienced Revit users.
- This is because the company already has a collection of families or there is a Revit guru who handles the families.
- The key to learning how to create quality Revit families is to understand the Family Editor modeling concepts and component creation process.
- Worldwide, Autodesk Revit Architecture has become one of the most popular BIM software tools.
- This can be confusing and frustrating for beginners or those trying to transition to BIM. However, when the concepts and methodology are grasped, Revit family creation is not that difficult.
- Qatar University College of Engineering (QU-CENG) hosted the fifth Qatar Building Information Modelling (BIM) User Day, aiming at providing an exchange platform in Qatar and the Middle East to help experts and researchers share their knowledge, discuss new technologies, and identify new potentials for BIM in the regional construction industry.
- Themed “Building Information Modelling – Implementation and Management”, the event was organised in conjunction with HOCHTIEF ViCon Qatar.
- It brought together more than 300 local and international researchers and experts from the academia and industry sectors to network, exchange ideas, and discuss a wide range of topics related to BIM implementation and management.
- Attendees included CENG acting associate dean for Academic Affairs Dr Mohammed Samaka, CENG Civil and Architectural Engineering Department Head Dr Ramzi Taha, HOCHTIEF ViCon Qatar Managing Director Christophe Weber, and Teesside University (UK) Director of Technology Future Institute (TFI) Prof Nashwan Dawood, as well as CENG faculty and staff.
The speakers presented a wide range of topics focused on “BIM introduction from a student’s perspective”, “BIM management process planning and implementation”, “BIM in use: Towards safer buildings and cities”, “The SC approach to project BIM collaboration”, “BIM process implementation and management on Qatar mega projects”, “Defining the role of the BIM Manager”, “BIM Interoperability Issues: Lessons learned from PLM”, and “Development of a whole lifecycle information flow approach enabled by BIM modeling protocols and technologies for Qatar Construction Industry”, among many others.
The programme agenda also featured workshop sessions and presentations on case studies, best practice examples, research achievements and the current national and regional developments in BMI implementation and management.
- The annual Vectorworks Design Scholarship sets the stage for up-and-coming designers to show off their talents.
- The scholarship offers two tiers of winnings, the first of which offers $3,000 USD to winners.
- Open to students pursuing design-related degrees in post-secondary and graduate programs, the 2015 rendition of the scholarship has its roster of winners.
- Winners were selected from all categories for a grand total of 16 scholarship recipients chosen from a pool of over 2,000 entries.
- In addition to Schmitz’s design, 15 other projects from around the world were recognized as first tier winners by the judges.