- The Australian Ballet ends its 2015 season with a world premiere of artistic director David McAllister’s first choreographic work, The Sleeping Beauty.
- Typical of Brink Productions’ immersive theatre experience, the play, set in the fictional suburb of Barranugli, unfolds in an atypical stage installation resembling a cemetery.
- A baroque masterpiece that has been part of the company’s repertoire for 42 years, Australian Ballet has succeeded in finding new life in Sleeping Beauty and was aided by a generous $1.5m budget.
- Paul Blackwell and Kris McQuade star in The Aspirations of Daise Morrow, a new Australian play based on Patrick White’s acclaimed short story, Down at the Dump.
- The pavilion is made up of 13 large and 30 smaller petal-like shades, supported by four metre high columns.
- His work uses computer simulation and computer numerically controlled (CNC) hardware to generate innovative design, construction, and assembly solutions.
- For more information, please visit http://www.asite.com. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_uYAJvb2rk
This is the 7th “Build Live” event in the Build Earth Live series founded to promote Collaborative BIM awareness in the AEC community.
- In 2008, the same project also won an AIA New York Merit Award and a New York Designs Award from the Architectural League of New York.
- Nathan was part of the BSI working group which developed the British Standards for Collaborative BIM – BS1192 and PAS1192, and co-founded the Build Earth Live series of global Collaborative BIM events in 2008.
- Build New York Live, a 48hr global BIM competition organized by Asite, is the latest event in the Build Earth Live series
New technology is revolutionizing the way buildings are designed and how the public can be engaged in the process.
- In some instances, these kerbs are substantial enough to support the construction layers but, in other instances, in my opinion, they are not.
- Due to cost pressures in the industry and the competitive nature of the sports construction industry, these kerbs might well not be offered as part of a design solution.
- This, again, is a good example of where thorough research beforehand can start to bear fruit during the construction process.
- Incidentally, it is a useful technique if precise engineering calculations are required for the drainage system as part of a planning condition.
- I have seen a design solution recently that has a recycling emphasis that relies on water movement into a specially developed kerb/drain.