- The cutting-edge Vietnamese architect Vo Trong Nghia has been announced as the designer of the fourth annual Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation (SCAF) “Fugitive Structures” architectural pavilion which will be installed across two cities and two sites in 2016: the State Library of Queensland, Brisbane and the Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation, Sydney.
“I want to bring nature back to the city,” said Vo. “In Ho Chi Minh City, the population has reached nearly 10 million with only 5.35km2 of green space – only 0.25% of the entire city.
- Vietnam’s unrestricted economic development has devastated the natural environment across the country.
- This is the problem architects need to solve.”
According to SCAF, Vo’s innovative bamboo “green steel” structure incorporates a dense forest of natural materials and will feature a clear ceiling that floats above, creating a shelter from the elements whilst allowing visitors to view the sky.
- The highly porous structure will include numerous entry points for adults and children to walk or crawl through.
Dr Gene Sherman, Executive Director of SCAF, explained: “The design of the SCAF pavilion centres around two central pillars of Vo Trong Nghia’s approach to architecture: the innovative use of bamboo, and his passion – and self imposed duty – to green the world’s urban landscapes with plants and vegetation.”
- Tekla has appointed AF Infotech as one of its Centres of Excellence in India for their Tekla Structures software.
- Vikash Kumar, Business Head, AF Infotech, said, “We are happy to be appointed as the Tekla Centre of Excellence in Jharkhand.
- AF Infotech will provide quality technical education with adequate industrial exposure with its innovative teaching methods.
- The institute will impart special certification course on Tekla BIM technology in their curriculum.
- Tekla in India will also conduct training sessions at AF Infotech to enable the industry people and students to explore Tekla’s technology.
- Steve Leone, a principal at Spiezle Architectural Group, Inc., has been named to the Board of Trustees of the New Jersey Foundation for Aging (NJFA).
- Spiezle Architectural Group is an award-winning, full-service architectural and planning firm.
- Leone heads the firm’s senior living practice.
- Spiezle serves senior living, academic, corporate/commercial, government, hospitality, recreational and religious clients.
- In addition, Leone is a co-founder of Life Enrichment Aging in Place Professionals (LEAPp), a coalition of experienced professionals consulting with public and private organizations to create communities that support aging in place.