Skip to content
- Cabinet Secretary for Infrastructure Keith Brown said: “It seems a long time since 2011 when construction work on the bridge began.
- “During 2015 the progress in building the new bridge has been much more noticeable to passers-by the higher above the water the bridge has grown.
- Now entering its final year of construction, Scotland’s latest engineering wonder has been taking shape over the Firth of Forth.
- The Frame the Bridge campaign also launched in 2015, with people being encouraged to send in pictures of themselves or family and friends with the bridge works in the background.
- “It’s very clear the progress that is being made as we look forward to 2016 and the final year of construction.”
- SCOTTISH Chambers of Commerce has declared that its latest economic survey, which shows much weaker manufacturing growth and declining confidence among services firms, is an “amber warning light” for the UK and Scottish Governments.
- The survey shows the first fall in optimism in the Scottish financial and business services sector for a year.
- Scottish Chambers’ survey, conducted by Strathclyde University’s Fraser of Allander Institute, flags a sharp slowdown in investment growth in the manufacturing sector north of the Border.
- The survey signals that year-on-year growth in sales revenue in the Scottish tourism sector accelerated between the second and third quarters.
- And it signals a fall in capital investment in the financial and business services sector.