- Counting both ongoing and planned construction projects the GCC’s construction pipeline totals USD 2.8 trillion especially in mixed-use mega-developments airports and seaports and transportation infrastructure according to the recent report “GCC Powers of Construction 2015” by Deloitte.
- At The Big 5 Tekla is showcasing its BIM software Tekla Structures 21 and Tekla Structural Designer along with Tekla BIMsight an open BIM viewer and Tekla Field 3D for viewing BIM models on smartphones and tablets.
- (MENAFN Press) Tekla to Further Integrate with Trimble Delivering Global Best Practices in Construction Technology to Middle East
Dubai United Arab Emirates: GCC contractors must adopt the latest construction software to ensure the swift delivery of nearly USD 3 trillion worth of construction projects industry experts declared today ahead of The Big 5 construction exhibition.
- Advancing government BIM mandates further demonstrate the Middle East’s desire to be on par with global innovators in the construction field” said Paul Wallett Area Business Director Tekla Middle East.
- From BIM to holographic technology to real estate management software we’ll deliver best practices in technology to help the Middle East’s architecture engineering and construction firms deliver on innovation agendas” added Paul Wallett.
- RELATED ARTICLES: Revealed: How BIM can help procurement managers | BIM for FM: A Bird’s Eye View | How is BIM transforming GCC project delivery?
- With Qatar’s rising number of projects – from skyscrapers to stadiums – what can be done to further encourage BIM adoption in the country?
Contractors adopting BIM across the whole project delivery would enhance Qatar’s standing as an innovation hub, while driving the country’s competitiveness on a global scale.
- But on a countrywide level, the adoption of BIM by contractors lags behind the region and the rest of the world.
- With BIM, organisations can deliver projects on time, on budget, and with a goal towards sustainability.