Skip to content
- In a recent article posted on Core77, Gordon Stott argues for a transition in design thinking around fabricated architecture.
- The Unity Home design was developed in collaboration with the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute and is reportedly outfitted with the largest collection of Cradle to Cradle (C2C) certified building products in a residential project.
- Prefabricated modular methods of construction also bring additive manufacturing techniques, including 3D-printing, into play.
- The Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s recent report, Delivering the circular economy: A toolkit for policymakers, looked at issues of prefabrication and construction in a policy context.
- The focus of off-site construction has been to replicate standard building processes, rather than taking advantage of the potential opportunity in aiming to replicate a product manufacturing mindset.