- A thick loop of concrete forms the walls, flooring and roof of this pool house, completed by Indian firm 42mm Architecture in the garden of a New Delhi residence (+ slideshow).
- The pre-stressed concrete structure made it possible to slightly cantilever the structure over the edge of its sloping site.
Other recently completed pool houses include a bulky concrete structure in Madrid and a building with a folded wooden ceiling in Melbourne.
- “This combination of wood and concrete renders an expression which welcomes its guests while dazzling them,” added 42mm Architecture.
- “Asserting its presence with a singular, bold and robust frame, this house sits impressively within its surroundings,” it added.
- A traffic policeman wears a mask to protect himself from dust and air pollution as he signals to drivers in New Delhi, India, December 23, 2015.
- To match INDIA-POLLUTION/
A traffic policeman wears a mask to protect himself from dust and air pollution as he signals to drivers in New Delhi, India, December 23, 2015.
- A traffic policeman wears a mask to protect himself from dust and air pollution as he stands on a road-divider in New Delhi, India, December 23, 2015.
- The World Health Organisation said last year that 13 of the world’s 20 most polluted cities were in India, with New Delhi the worst.
- Instead, the plan will call for enforcing bans on what some environmentalists regard as relatively minor sources of pollution, including burning of garbage and construction dust.
- The last British Art Show was the best so far.
The dynamism, unexpectedness and sheer abundance of the art market makes these art fairs a window on the new – and the old.
- Jonathan Jones
Groundbreaking attempt to place pop art in its global context or another rehash of familiar names and images?
- This long-overdue survey should allow us to focus more on the art, less on the man.
- The spiritual art of the past echoes in his work – martyrs, triptychs, meditation, all that sacred jazz.