Skip to content
- For example, in South Australia and Tasmania a number of energy infrastructure construction projects are going ahead.
- This solid performance is a consequence of high levels of investment in oil and gas and energy infrastructure projects.
- Notwithstanding the aforementioned power station, it’s largely a different story in the energy and utilities construction sector, however.
- However, it isn’t stalling altogether and there are still some ongoing construction projects, including in Queensland.
- Meanwhile, a project to develop the rail infrastructure in Melbourne is continuing with an upgrade of the Cranbourne-Pakenham rail corridor.
- Construction of Palmerston hospital, a project in the satellite city south of Darwin with $110m of federal funding, was supposed to have begun in 2014.
- NT health minister John Elferink and federal MP Natasha Griggs were in attendance.
- On Friday media were invited to attend the first pouring of concrete for a stairwell at the site to mark a construction milestone.
- The stunt accusation is the latest in a series of controversies to have dogged the hospital.
- A spokesman for Griggs said the senator was involved in securing federal funding, but did not wish to comment on how the site was managed.