Skip to content
- For example, in South Australia and Tasmania a number of energy infrastructure construction projects are going ahead.
- This solid performance is a consequence of high levels of investment in oil and gas and energy infrastructure projects.
- Notwithstanding the aforementioned power station, it’s largely a different story in the energy and utilities construction sector, however.
- However, it isn’t stalling altogether and there are still some ongoing construction projects, including in Queensland.
- Meanwhile, a project to develop the rail infrastructure in Melbourne is continuing with an upgrade of the Cranbourne-Pakenham rail corridor.
- “Living inside a building is nothing like looking at a few pictures of one,” Groves Natcheva Architects co-founder Adriana Natcheva told Dezeen.
- It is set in Groves Natcheva Architects’ apartment renovation on a South Kensington mews completed in 2010.
- London Design Festival 2015: an apartment renovated by Groves Natcheva Architects provides the setting for this short thriller, which the London-based studio created to promote the project using “emotion” (+ movie).
- Groves Natcheva Architects wanted to find a more engaging way to showcase their design, rather than simply using the typical set of still photographs showing an empty house.
- The new movie, titled Black Ice, is the first in a series that the studio is making for their architecture and interior projects.
- Pomo summer: Memphis Group designer Martine Bedin’s Super Lamp can be trailed along like a dog on a leash, demonstrating the collective’s playful style.
- “We were always discussing the possibilities of new furniture, furniture that could move,” said Bedin. “I was designing everything on wheels at this time.
- The Super Lamp was one of a variety of lighting designs that Bedin created for Memphis.
- The Super Lamp is still produced and sold through the Memphis Milano gallery, and has remained one of Memphis’ most recognisable pieces.
- Sottsass and his wife Barbara Radice also visited Bedin in Paris, and spotted the design for the Super Lamp while flicking through her sketch book.