Skip to content
- In some instances, these kerbs are substantial enough to support the construction layers but, in other instances, in my opinion, they are not.
- Due to cost pressures in the industry and the competitive nature of the sports construction industry, these kerbs might well not be offered as part of a design solution.
- This, again, is a good example of where thorough research beforehand can start to bear fruit during the construction process.
- Incidentally, it is a useful technique if precise engineering calculations are required for the drainage system as part of a planning condition.
- I have seen a design solution recently that has a recycling emphasis that relies on water movement into a specially developed kerb/drain.