Skip to content
- The raid, carried out with the cooperation of the main contractor on the job, found the illegal workers were all employed by civils subcontractor Sword Construction.
- Twenty illegal workers have been arrested after being found working at a construction site on the Capenhurst power station in Cheshire.
- Tough new measures to tackle illegal workers and punish firms employing them are being introduced in the Immigration Bill currently progressing through Parliament.
- Immigration officials swooped after a tip-off and found 20 Indian men aged between 30 and 50 working on the job without visas.
- If proof is not provided, this is a potential total of up to £400,000.