Skip to content
- Barnsley Magistrates Court heard that the underground electric cable was struck by a metal spade used to excavate a post hole..
- The workman received an electric shock although the shock did not cause any lasting injury.
- Berneslai Homes Ltd has been prosecuted after a joiner received an electric shock whilst replacing a wooden garden fence at a domestic property in Barnsley on 26 November 2013.
- Berneslai Homes Ltd is responsible for managing 18,800 homes on behalf of Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council.
- The case follows a subsequent HSE investigation into safety standards during maintenance work of council owned domestic properties.