- Mortenson Construction, a recognized leader in energy and transmission infrastructure in North America, today announced it is entering the energy storage market.
- The company will serve various roles in the engineering, construction and integration of energy storage systems interconnected to local energy grids and behind-the-meter commercial applications.
- Driving this activity is increasing renewable energy generation, supportive policies and regulations, and growth of smart grids and energy infrastructure.
- About Mortenson
Founded in 1954, Mortenson is a U.S.-based, family-owned construction and development services company.
- Storage systems can provide near instantaneous injections of power to facilities and infrastructure without the inefficiencies of bringing additional power generation online.
- But as popular as it is in the industry, it is still hard to find qualified and experienced Revit users.
- This is because the company already has a collection of families or there is a Revit guru who handles the families.
- The key to learning how to create quality Revit families is to understand the Family Editor modeling concepts and component creation process.
- Worldwide, Autodesk Revit Architecture has become one of the most popular BIM software tools.
- This can be confusing and frustrating for beginners or those trying to transition to BIM. However, when the concepts and methodology are grasped, Revit family creation is not that difficult.
- Architecture, art, design, fashion, cultures, some of the vintage pieces and people all create an image in my head for a design.
- Q. The fashion item you most want to buy now?
- Q. If you weren’t a jewellery designer, what would you be?
- Architecture and jewellery design were and are my dreams.
- When we meet she reveals that architecture and design have always been her real passions.
- Output from the UK construction sector fell unexpectedly for a third consecutive month in September, according to official figures released yesterday, though industry bosses remain upbeat.
- On an annual measure, output dropped 1.6 per cent in September, the biggest decline for more than two years.
- The data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) showed that construction output dipped 0.2 per cent in September, after a sharp 3.4 per cent decline in August and against expectations for a modest rise.
- For the third quarter as a whole, new housing construction slumped 4.3 per cent, its biggest decline in just over three years, reflecting a drop in housing starts in the previous quarter around the time of May’s national election.
- On Thursday, the Bank of England’s chief economist Andy Haldane described the UK’s housing market as “broken”, highlighting the long-term lack of construction of new homes particularly by local councils.
- RTI, Real-Time Innovations, RTI Data Distribution Service, Connext and 1RTI are registered trademarks or trademarks of Real-Time Innovations, Inc.
- What: “How to Develop Mission-Critical Avionics and Defense Systems with Ada and DDS” complimentary webinar
When: Thursday, Nov. 19, 2015 at 8:00 a.m.
- SUNNYVALE, CA–(Marketwired – Nov 12, 2015) – Real-Time Innovations (RTI), the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) connectivity platform company, today announced it is hosting a complimentary webinar, “How to Develop Mission-Critical Avionics and Defense Systems with Ada and DDS,” in partnership with AdaCore.
- RTI was named “The Most influential Industrial Internet of Things Company” in 2014 by Appinions and published in Forbes.
- RTI provides the leading implementation of the Object Management Group (OMG) Data Distribution Service (DDS) standard.
- Lord Sugar pointed his famous finger at “construction operations executive” Elle Stevenson this week as she was fired from reality TV show The Apprentice.
- The teams were led by Stevenson and Brett “the Builder” Butler Smythe battling it out to represent construction.
- The latest task was loosely based on construction as the two teams were charged with winning and carrying-out DIY jobs across London.
- She was then fired from the boardroom within minutes of the result being revealed without having the chance for the traditional few minutes of bickering and pleading.
- To share your stories email Grant Prior or Aaron Morby… always off the record
- Providence Custom Homes, formerly Frameworks Construction, specializes in building new custom homes and completing home renovation projects throughout Lebanon, Lancaster, and Berks counties.
- They strongly believe that Providence Custom Homes thrives because of their decision to remain a small business in order to offer personal attention to every client.
- Their motto, “Nothing shines as brightly as work created with pride and passion,” shows in every detail of a project that they work on.
- We have decided to re-brand ourselves to allow us to help further improve the livelihoods of people in the Lancaster and surrounding counties.
- At Providence Custom Homes, no building project is too large or small.For more information about Providence Custom Homes, please visit http://www.providencecustomhome.com/
Marvin Martin and Doug Garman founded Providence Custom Homes 17 years ago on a common interest and passion: to buildcustom-built, competitively priced homes for homeowners in Lancaster County.
- Is the new and final part of “The Hunger Games” movie worth your time?
- Part 2 may be the last we will be viewing within the super-business of Josh Hutcherson and Jennifer Lawrence.
- Apart from behind-the-scene antics, the three “The Hunger Games” stars also revealed who among them would be the most likely to break character during filming.
- Thousands of shrieking teenage fans have greeted superstar Jennifer Lawrence as the final movie of The Hunger Games blockbuster franchise premiered in Berlin, whose monumental architecture served as the backdrop for much of the dystopian fantasy.
- The actress also confirmed this week that she will star in a movie she’s writing with comedian Amy Schumer.
“I just don’t understand how someone can do that to another human being”, Hemsworth told Men’s Health United Kingdom magazine (via Daily Mail).
- Qatar University College of Engineering (QU-CENG) hosted the fifth Qatar Building Information Modelling (BIM) User Day, aiming at providing an exchange platform in Qatar and the Middle East to help experts and researchers share their knowledge, discuss new technologies, and identify new potentials for BIM in the regional construction industry.
- Themed “Building Information Modelling – Implementation and Management”, the event was organised in conjunction with HOCHTIEF ViCon Qatar.
- It brought together more than 300 local and international researchers and experts from the academia and industry sectors to network, exchange ideas, and discuss a wide range of topics related to BIM implementation and management.
- Attendees included CENG acting associate dean for Academic Affairs Dr Mohammed Samaka, CENG Civil and Architectural Engineering Department Head Dr Ramzi Taha, HOCHTIEF ViCon Qatar Managing Director Christophe Weber, and Teesside University (UK) Director of Technology Future Institute (TFI) Prof Nashwan Dawood, as well as CENG faculty and staff.
The speakers presented a wide range of topics focused on “BIM introduction from a student’s perspective”, “BIM management process planning and implementation”, “BIM in use: Towards safer buildings and cities”, “The SC approach to project BIM collaboration”, “BIM process implementation and management on Qatar mega projects”, “Defining the role of the BIM Manager”, “BIM Interoperability Issues: Lessons learned from PLM”, and “Development of a whole lifecycle information flow approach enabled by BIM modeling protocols and technologies for Qatar Construction Industry”, among many others.
The programme agenda also featured workshop sessions and presentations on case studies, best practice examples, research achievements and the current national and regional developments in BMI implementation and management.
- The following two events will be held on Tuesday 24 November in Gourock Library, 12 to 3pm and Tuesday 8 December in Boglestone Community Centre, Port Glasgow, 12 to 3pm.
- The aim of the plan is to identify ideas and ways for better connection between art, creativity, and the wellbeing of people in Inverclyde.
- PEOPLE can give their input into a new arts plan for Inverclyde at three soup lunches this month.
icecream architecture, a small group of socially-engaged artists and designers are currently working with Inverclyde Place Partnership to develop an arts and creativity strategy for Inverclyde. This will look at all kinds of creative activity from music to drama, fine arts to crafts.
- The informal, free sessions, with a soup lunch, will each take place in a different area and explore a slightly different theme covering; ‘Resources,’ ‘Communication’ and ‘New territories + Connections.’
The first event will take place at the Beacon Arts Centre, Greenock on Wednesday 11 November, 12 to 3pm.
- People are welcome to drop in at anytime.