- In fact, these UAVs (or drones, as they are commonly called) will soon be able to see and map the world in 3D using reality capture software.
- This is where the reality capture drone comes in.
- These reality capture drones, capable of easily rendering flat photographs into 3D models, will have the ability to collect information on a scale previously thought difficult or impossible.
- Drones are to be fitted with Leica’s RCD30 Oblique camera for 3D urban mapping.
- They will also be equipped with Acute3D’s ContextCapture software, which is designed to produce high-resolution 3D models from photographs without human intervention.
Category: Building Information Modeling
Bosch Security Systems Providing Building Information Modeling Files to Facilitate Construction
- Fairport, N.Y. — Bosch Security Systems has started providing Building Information Modeling (BIM) files for parts of its product range.
- Bosch Security Systems is supporting BIM and will provide architects, building designers, engineers and contractors with free BIM files, starting with Bosch IP video cameras.
- If BIM is used, Bosch Security Systems says the number of video cameras needed is automatically adjusted to the modified floor plan.
- Modifications in the floor plan can change the number of video cameras necessary for monitoring a building.
- With BIM, all building data are digitized and networked.
Commercial HVAC content from Contracting Business
- Using the model, contractors can determine the proper sequence of installation, as well as which trades will clash during installation.
• 5D: Estimating.
- In comparison to traditional coordination, BIM projects result in shorter construction schedules.
- This is particularly important for BIM coordination time.
- Build BIM into your Business
Haven’t a clue what the elements above mean or how to put them into action?
- While many think of BIM as software, in reality BIM is more about workflows and social practices.
Vectorworks Announces Six BIM Camp Events
- Beginning tomorrow and continuing over the next three months, global design software developer Vectorworks, Inc.® will host six BIM Camp events in major U.S. cities including: Boston, New York, Chicago, New Orleans, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Continue to check back at this page for future BIM Camp location announcements.
- Dates and locations of upcoming camps include:
The cost to attend a BIM Camp is $25 per person.
- “Our BIM Camps are geared toward those who might be unsure of how to use the cutting-edge technology to its fullest capacity,” said Rubina Siddiqui, Senior BIM solutions specialist at Vectorworks.
- Vectorworks, Inc. is a global design software developer serving the architecture, landscape and entertainment industries.
GRAPHISOFT adds Generative Design with Rhino-Grasshopper Connection > ENGINEERING.com
- The Rhino-Grasshopper-ARCHICAD alliance lets architects and designers use Grasshopper’s algorithmic design tool with ARCHICAD BIM software using a unique iterative design workflow.
- With this, GRAPHISOFT hopes to make BIM a more versatile design tool for architects.
- By using the connection, BIM can be used before building elements are differentiated.
- This design workflow stands out in its ability to help the user easily explore a large number of design variations.
- The new tool integrates the traditional design process with a computational design approach.
AYS Ventures forms JV to cash in on Tokyo Olympics
- PETALING JAYA: AYS Ventures Bhd has set up a jointventure company with Japanese firms Okaya & Co Ltd and Kondo Steel Corp from Japan to cash in on the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan.
- AYS Ventures and Kondo Steel will each have a 45% stake in the new company while Okaya & Co will hold a 6% stake and Okaya International (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd will hold the remaining 4%.
Oh said AYS Ventures is confident of further collaboration with the Japanese firms and is looking into potential collaboration in various value-added services.
- When the new regulation comes in 2018, we continue to support the industry, expand our business to this country.
- Okaya International (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd managing director Takaya Wada said the Olympic Games is a big project and Japanese construction firms that are preparing for the project will need technologies including Building Information Modeling (BIM) technology.
“Our function here is supporting Japanese construction.
Arup Celebrates the Grand Opening of The Broad Museum
- Why Open Source Software Is Taking Over You don’t have to look far to see evidence of open source software’s impact on IT as a whole.
- You don’t have to look far to see evidence of open source software’s impact on IT as a whole.
- But no one is making real money from open source.
- We also hear about the most common tools being used for continuous integration, continuous delivery, an…
- Over the past decade we have seen the migration from physical servers to virtual machines and now to public cloud, private cloud and hybrid cloud.
Building Design + Construction Magazine Ranks Balfour Beatty Construction US No. 6 in 2015 Giants 300 Report
- Building Design + Construction also ranked Balfour Beatty high in multiple market sectors, including top 10 rankings in eight sector-specific categories.
- For example, an integrated Balfour Beatty Construction team reduced design, procurement and delivery costs from $1.95 billion to $1 billion for one client by optimizing the use of off-site construction methodologies.
- DALLAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Building Design + Construction (BD+C) magazine has ranked Balfour Beatty Construction the No. 6 general contractor based on 2014 U.S. revenue in its annual Giants 300 Report, which ranks the leading firms in the AEC industry for building-type revenue, green building work, BIM revenue, and more.
- Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, Balfour Beatty Construction Services US has been cited as a Top 10 Domestic Building Contractor and Top 10 Green Builder by Engineering News-Record.
- Additional representative milestones and recognition achieved by the Balfour Beatty Construction team in 2014 include:
An industry leader for more than 80 years, Balfour Beatty Construction US provides general contracting, at-risk construction management, and design-build services for a wide variety of markets, serving clients in both the public and private sectors.
Tekla Appoints AF Infotech As it’s Centre of Excellence in Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Tekla has appointed AF Infotech as one of its Centres of Excellence in India for their Tekla Structures software.
- Vikash Kumar, Business Head, AF Infotech, said, “We are happy to be appointed as the Tekla Centre of Excellence in Jharkhand.
- AF Infotech will provide quality technical education with adequate industrial exposure with its innovative teaching methods.
- The institute will impart special certification course on Tekla BIM technology in their curriculum.
- Tekla in India will also conduct training sessions at AF Infotech to enable the industry people and students to explore Tekla’s technology.
Inland Bays, Atlantic Ocean, Rehoboth Beach, Lewes, Milton, Dewey Beach, USA
- For more information, and to view Building Design+Construction magazine’s full Giants 300 Report online, go to www.dbfinc.com.
- Moving up in the Engineering/Architecture Firms category from No. 31 in 2014, DBF now ranks No. 27 in Building Design+Construction magazine’s Giants 300 Report for 2015.
- Once again, Davis, Bowen and Friedel Inc. has been ranked in the top 300 architecture, engineering and construction firms in the country.
- Michaels, Md., and Delmar, Del. and Md.; and the new regional service center now under construction for Choptank Electric in Salisbury, Md.
- With an annual list based on revenue data, the magazine charts the largest commercial AEC firms in the United States based on their building-type revenue, building information modeling revenue, green building work and other criteria.