- You are here: Home » News » Banking news » R3 assembles expert technology team to lead distributed ledger initiative
Financial innovation firm R3 announced the team tasked with managing the design and delivery of advanced distributed ledger technologies to global financial markets in partnership with its consortium of member banks.
- The R3 collaborative model is the best way to quickly, efficiently and cost effectively deliver these new technologies to global financial markets.
- The team brings together a unique set of expertise in electronic financial markets, distributed ledgers and blockchain technologies.
- In his fifteen-year career at IBM he specialized in the application of new technology in banking and financial markets.
- Ian Grigg, Architecture Consultant: Ian is a financial cryptographer with 20 years experience building secure ledger systems for the internet.
Turkey’s mega projects: Pipe dreams or game-changers?
- Proponents of such major development projects see this as Turkey’s march toward becoming a fully developed and even more prosperous country, saying a resource-poor country can generate wealth through large-scale construction projects.
- But critics are insistent that regulations are being violated or ignored, and the massive environmental damage these projects could cause will hurt the country even more in the long term.
- This is not the case with this old centralist mindset that exists at the moment,” he told MEE.
“These people [the government] see these big construction projects as purely a source to make money for themselves and those close to them,” he added.
- The construction of hundreds of hydroelectric power stations in the region is also a major point of contention.
- Local media reports say that work is continuing at some sites despite a local court ordering a halt to construction activity.