- A strip of double insulated U-glass brings natural light into the production hall from the south, while protecting it from summer sun exposure.
- Black glass walls enclose a showroom where a movement-activated system plays atmospheric music when someone enters the space.
- “The white walls, floor and ceiling polarise the dark entry funnel.”
- Tinted and textured glass delineate areas inside this office and factory completed by V.oid Architecture for the Lima-based company that manufactures car windscreens for Tesla (+ slideshow).
- The production offices are suspended over the vast machinery hall, giving employees clear views of the production line.
- TRIBUTES have been paid to the Scottish architect Gareth Hoskins, who died at the weekend aged 48.
- Scottish architecture is much the lesser with his parting.”
Fiona Hyslop, Cabinet Secretary for Culture, Europe and External Affairs, said: “Gareth Hoskins was an outstanding architect.
- She tweeted: “Very sad to hear of the death of Gareth Hoskins, one of Scotland’s finest architects.
- Hoskins trained as an architect at the Glasgow School of Art and at Florence University.
- Hoskins Architects issued a statement confirming his death, adding: “It is with great sadness that we confirm that Gareth Hoskins OBE, the founder and Managing Director of Hoskins Architects, has died.
“Gareth, who was 48, took ill at an event in Edinburgh on Sunday 3rd January and, despite receiving the best care possible in Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, he passed away on Saturday.
“Everyone at Hoskins Architects is deeply shocked and saddened by this untimely loss.
- MORE than £100 million in contracts is set to be awarded for a new hospital in East Lothian.
- The new £72m community hospital for East Lothian will be built and serviced by Galliford Try, it was announced yesterday.
- In a further boost for the company, Galliford Try’s facilities management business has been appointed preferred bidder to provide ongoing hard facilities maintenance and lifecycle management to the East Lothian Community Hospital.
- Some services will return to East Lothian as part of the new development and it will bring an increase of almost 60 per cent in the number of inpatient beds to the county.
- The FTSE-250 housebuilding and construction group confirmed that its Morrison Construction division has been named preferred bidder for the hospital, one of the flagship projects for the Hub South East Scotland on behalf of NHS Lothian.