Skip to content
- It will house over 200,000 pieces of postwar and contemporary art from the collections of Eli and Edythe Broad, who also backed the Zaha Hadid-designed Edythe and Eli Broad Art Museum in Michigan, which opened in 2012.
- Instagram users and officials from the Broad have been posting images of the building, including glimpses of the interior, as it readies to open.
- The images offer a preview of the structure designed by the New York architecture firm, well ahead of the publication of official photography.
- Frank Gehry’s new headquarters for Facebook debuted on Instagram, with visitors posting images during the building’s preview before pictures were issued for publication.
- The building will also become the new home for the Broad Foundation, which is currently based in Santa Monica.
- Hermansson Hiller Lundberg – a Stockholm studio made up of architects Andreas Hermansson, Andreas Hiller and Samuel Lundberg – designed the building as a permanent residence for a family.
- Broad white piers and a colonnade suggest a Classical aesthetic on the facade of this small residence near Stockholm by architecture firm Hermansson Hiller Lundberg (+ slideshow).
- “The repetition of pillars and the juxtaposition of building elements create a minimalistic complexity,” said Hermansson Hiller Lundberg.
- These were rendered off-white, with the most prominent surfaces given a smooth surface, while others were left with a rough texture.
- Walls and ceiling surfaces inside the house have also been rendered off-white, while the floor is polished concrete.