- RTI, Real-Time Innovations, RTI Data Distribution Service, Connext and 1RTI are registered trademarks or trademarks of Real-Time Innovations, Inc.
- What: “How to Develop Mission-Critical Avionics and Defense Systems with Ada and DDS” complimentary webinar
When: Thursday, Nov. 19, 2015 at 8:00 a.m.
- SUNNYVALE, CA–(Marketwired – Nov 12, 2015) – Real-Time Innovations (RTI), the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) connectivity platform company, today announced it is hosting a complimentary webinar, “How to Develop Mission-Critical Avionics and Defense Systems with Ada and DDS,” in partnership with AdaCore.
- RTI was named “The Most influential Industrial Internet of Things Company” in 2014 by Appinions and published in Forbes.
- RTI provides the leading implementation of the Object Management Group (OMG) Data Distribution Service (DDS) standard.
Private firms question California high-speed rail funding
- So the California High-Speed Rail Authority asked firms to suggest how to reduce costs, speed up construction and attract outside money.
- Officials with the rail authority called the receipt of 36 responses a sign that the private sector is very interested.
- The rail authority released the documents to The Associated Press under a Public Records Act request.
- SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Businesses that might bid to build a high-speed rail network across California are questioning whether there will be enough government funding to complete the complex and ambitious project.
- In response it received 36 submissions from firms including global construction and engineering giants AECOM, Siemens and Parsons.
Drone Oversight Is Coming to Construction Sites
- For some construction workers, any thoughts of slacking off could soon seem rather quaint.
- Monitoring activity across a large, complex construction site is particularly difficult because there are so many moving parts, and because the jobs being performed change frequently.
- Once per day, several drones automatically patrol the Sacramento work site, collecting video footage.
- The software developed by the University of Illinois team can show how different subcontracting teams are working together.
- At the Sacramento project, video is being captured by a drone-operating company called ImageInFlight.
Construction adds 6000 jobs in July; unemployment falls to 8-year low
- The US economy added 215,000 jobs in July, while the unemployment rate remained steady at 5.3%, meeting expectations.
Health care added 28,000 jobs in July and has added 436,000 jobs over the year.
- Some commentators have asserted that the unemployment rate is a misleading measure because the post-crisis decline in the labor force reflects more than demographic factors.
- Friday’s report means “it will be hard to justify delaying an initial Fed rate hike”, said Scott Anderson, chief economist of Bank of the West in San Francisco.
- Economists had expected employment to climb by about 223,000 jobs, which would have matched the increase originally reported for the previous month.
COS accepting architect students for fall semester
- With the start of College of the Sequoias’ upcoming fall semester, comes the return of its many academic programs, including the school’s architecture program.
- COS also opened the Tulare College Center, which operates agriculture programs and other programs.
- The architecture department is located at the COS Tulare Campus, 4999 E. Bardsley Ave.
- On Aug. 17, new and returning students will have the opportunity to join the program, which offers seven main courses.
- Since 2000, the department has assisted in helping more than 100 students successfully gain employment in architecture, and 48 to attend four-year universities pursuing bachelor degrees, said Rolando Gonzalez, architecture professor.