Skip to content
- SCOTTISH Chambers of Commerce has declared that its latest economic survey, which shows much weaker manufacturing growth and declining confidence among services firms, is an “amber warning light” for the UK and Scottish Governments.
- The survey shows the first fall in optimism in the Scottish financial and business services sector for a year.
- Scottish Chambers’ survey, conducted by Strathclyde University’s Fraser of Allander Institute, flags a sharp slowdown in investment growth in the manufacturing sector north of the Border.
- The survey signals that year-on-year growth in sales revenue in the Scottish tourism sector accelerated between the second and third quarters.
- And it signals a fall in capital investment in the financial and business services sector.