Skip to content
- To my great pride my citation for my OBE was as chair of the Society of Black Architects.
- The Royal Institute of British Architects has launched an investigation into allegations of institutional racism made by a leading architect and member of its national council.
- Riba said it had appointed a QC and expert in the field to conduct an independent investigation into the claims.
- Duncan, the Riba president, said in a statement that Owusu had written expressing her “dissatisfaction” and had alleged “that the election process may have been tainted by institutional racism”.
- Racist and sexist discrimination runs through architecture “like a stick of rock”, and it starts at the top with Riba, Elsie Owusu has claimed.