- Counting both ongoing and planned construction projects, the GCC’s construction pipeline totals $2.8 trillion, especially in mixed-use mega-developments, airports and seaports, and transportation infrastructure, according to the recent report by Deloitte.
- “The Middle East is seeing nationwide transformation in construction innovation, with projects for mega-events such as World Expo 2020 in Dubai and 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar stretching design boundaries.
- The building and construction sector in Jebel Ali Free Zone (Jafza) has witnessed 74 per cent growth in the last five years growing from Dh10.7 billion in 2009 to Dh18.6 billion in 2014.
- Advancing government BIM mandates further demonstrate the Middle East’s desire to be on par with global innovators in the construction field,” Paul Wallett, area business director, Tekla Middle East, said in a statement.
- Among the top visiting countries to the event will be the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iran, India, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Egypt and Pakistan.
- The last British Art Show was the best so far.
The dynamism, unexpectedness and sheer abundance of the art market makes these art fairs a window on the new – and the old.
- Jonathan Jones
Groundbreaking attempt to place pop art in its global context or another rehash of familiar names and images?
- This long-overdue survey should allow us to focus more on the art, less on the man.
- The spiritual art of the past echoes in his work – martyrs, triptychs, meditation, all that sacred jazz.