- For all the hype around 3D virtual and augmented realities, however, the technology still necessitates strapping a device to your head.
- For anyone who has experienced virtual reality (VR) before, or been in any kind of simulator, the experience is all rather underwhelming, particularly after the warnings of motion sickness and expectations of an immersive bucking bronco ride.
- Signing a health and safety waiver and confirming that I’m not overly sensitive to noise, I am strapped into a padded vest and virtual reality goggles and invited to straddle the turbine – and ominously told to hold on tightly.
- Before you know it, you’re floating somewhere above an imaginary landscape and landing back in the room 90 seconds later.
- Which is something that the spectacular downfall of Google Glass revealed the general public – if not hardcore gamers – are still very reluctant to do.
Building Design + Construction Magazine Ranks Balfour Beatty Construction US No. 6 in 2015 Giants 300 Report
- Building Design + Construction also ranked Balfour Beatty high in multiple market sectors, including top 10 rankings in eight sector-specific categories.
- For example, an integrated Balfour Beatty Construction team reduced design, procurement and delivery costs from $1.95 billion to $1 billion for one client by optimizing the use of off-site construction methodologies.
- DALLAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Building Design + Construction (BD+C) magazine has ranked Balfour Beatty Construction the No. 6 general contractor based on 2014 U.S. revenue in its annual Giants 300 Report, which ranks the leading firms in the AEC industry for building-type revenue, green building work, BIM revenue, and more.
- Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, Balfour Beatty Construction Services US has been cited as a Top 10 Domestic Building Contractor and Top 10 Green Builder by Engineering News-Record.
- Additional representative milestones and recognition achieved by the Balfour Beatty Construction team in 2014 include:
An industry leader for more than 80 years, Balfour Beatty Construction US provides general contracting, at-risk construction management, and design-build services for a wide variety of markets, serving clients in both the public and private sectors.
Instagram users offer a preview of LA’s Broad Museum
- It will house over 200,000 pieces of postwar and contemporary art from the collections of Eli and Edythe Broad, who also backed the Zaha Hadid-designed Edythe and Eli Broad Art Museum in Michigan, which opened in 2012.
- Instagram users and officials from the Broad have been posting images of the building, including glimpses of the interior, as it readies to open.
- The images offer a preview of the structure designed by the New York architecture firm, well ahead of the publication of official photography.
- Frank Gehry’s new headquarters for Facebook debuted on Instagram, with visitors posting images during the building’s preview before pictures were issued for publication.
- The building will also become the new home for the Broad Foundation, which is currently based in Santa Monica.
WSO2 and IntegrationWorks Partner to Provide Expert Integration Solutions to the New Zealand Market – Press Release Rocket
- IntegrationWorks helps clients use and share their information more effectively, save time, reduce costs, and improve application security in their business integration efforts.
- Under terms of the agreement, IntegrationWorks will use WSO2 open source middleware to provide customers with systems integration services based on service-oriented architecture (SOA) best practices.
- Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning 100% open source platform and its robust performance and governance for their mission-critical applications.
- WSO2 delivers the industry’s most comprehensive open source platform for building, integrating, managing, securing and analyzing companies’ APIs, applications, and Web services—on-premises, in the cloud, on mobile devices, and across the Internet of Things.
- Visit http://wso2.com to learn more, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.