- Join host Graphisoft and Abvent on a special live webinar demonstrating Twinmotion and ArchiCAD for advanced yet simple visualizations for AEC.
Graphisoft, the leading Building Information Modeling (BIM) software vendor, has announced today a new live, webinar online for 2 February 2016.
- The focus of the webinar is the introduction of Twinmotion software for ArchiCAD 19.
- Developed by Ka-Ra and distributed worldwide by Abvent of France, Twinmotion is compatible with every 3D modeling software on the market today, in addition to leading BIM software programs such as ArchiCAD 19.
- Regarded a great fit for architecture, landscape and urban planning professionals, Twinmotion is considered special because of its ease-of-use and power.
- The award-winning AEC visualization program Twinmotion is changing the way designers and engineers interact with their 3D models.
Looking back on a lamentable lack of future-proofing in construction of Forth Road Bridge (From Herald Scotland)
- It would appear the 1964 Forth Road Bridge was not, if its whole integrity depends on such individual small components.
- THE Forth Bridge, opened in 1890, was deliberately over-engineered after the Tay Bridge disaster in 1879.
- THERE are two clear and important messages to emerge from the current Forth Road Bridge fiasco (“Share your car or work from home, bridge drivers urged”, The Herald, December 7, and Letters, December 7, 8 & 9).
- Perhaps the hard-hats currently poking at the underside of the Forth Road Bridge might learn a lot by way of similar investigations underneath Stevens’s efforts at Hyndford, and others like it.
- This was the case in free university tuition (paid for by scrapping more than 140,000 further education college places) and is now the case in scrapping bridge tolls at a time when all budgets were under pressure.
Super Lamp by Martine Bedin
- Pomo summer: Memphis Group designer Martine Bedin’s Super Lamp can be trailed along like a dog on a leash, demonstrating the collective’s playful style.
- “We were always discussing the possibilities of new furniture, furniture that could move,” said Bedin. “I was designing everything on wheels at this time.
- The Super Lamp was one of a variety of lighting designs that Bedin created for Memphis.
- The Super Lamp is still produced and sold through the Memphis Milano gallery, and has remained one of Memphis’ most recognisable pieces.
- Sottsass and his wife Barbara Radice also visited Bedin in Paris, and spotted the design for the Super Lamp while flicking through her sketch book.
Discover the building information modeling market that will be worth $8,646.47 million by 2020, at a CAGR of 16.72%
- The building information modeling market is expected to grow from a market share of $2640.12 million in 2013 to $8646.47 million by 2020 at a CAGR of 16.72%.
- Players involved in the development of building information modeling market include Archidata Inc.(Canada), Asite Solutions Pvt.
- This growth is expected due to the growing industrial sector for the building information modeling market.
- Browse 111 market data tables and 80 figures spread through 230 pages and in-depth TOC on “Building Information Modeling Market – Analysis and Forecast 2013 – 2020”.
- The quality of building information modeling process is determined by reducing costs, saving time, and improving speed of the process.