- Burnley Football Club has got the planning green light to build a new football academy.
- The Clarets must now wait to see whether plans for the elite training facility which fall within the green belt will be called in by the communities secretary.
- The build will also include an indoor all-weather area with a small spectator gallery, to meet the requirements of EPPP.
Outside, plans include the development of three full-sized training pitches and two three-quarter size pitches.
- Subject to final approval, work on the Gawthorpe improvements is now expected to kick-off later this year.
- To share your stories email Grant Prior or Aaron Morby… always off the record