Skip to content
- The Higgs Centre for Innovation will be built at the Royal Observatory in the city.
- HILLSBOROUGH based building firm Graham Construction has secured a £6.3 million to build a space centre in Edinburgh named after renowned particle scientist Peter Higgs.
- The space centre is just the latest in Scotland.
- The new Higgs centre in Edinburgh will focus on space and big data technologies and the whole scheme will cost £12m when fitting out is complete.
- Last month, Graham completed a £10m primary school in Fort William for the Highland Council.
- Warrington-based Harry Fairclough Construction has beaten rival national contractors to secure the job to build new civic offices for Harrogate Council.
- The new council offices will be built at Knapping Mount, a brownfield site originally earmarked for housing, which councillors approved planning permission for back in March.
- The existing building at Crescent Gardens is being sold to developers to help finance the project, which will see five council offices rationalised into one site.
- London architect Farrell & Clark designed the civic building and offices to achieve BREEAM Very Good rating.
- The £30m turnover contractor nabbed the job with a £11.5m bid against Interserve’s Yorkshire office, Graham Construction and McLaughlin & Harvey.