- TRIBUTES have been paid to the Scottish architect Gareth Hoskins, who died at the weekend aged 48.
- Scottish architecture is much the lesser with his parting.”
Fiona Hyslop, Cabinet Secretary for Culture, Europe and External Affairs, said: “Gareth Hoskins was an outstanding architect.
- She tweeted: “Very sad to hear of the death of Gareth Hoskins, one of Scotland’s finest architects.
- Hoskins trained as an architect at the Glasgow School of Art and at Florence University.
- Hoskins Architects issued a statement confirming his death, adding: “It is with great sadness that we confirm that Gareth Hoskins OBE, the founder and Managing Director of Hoskins Architects, has died.
“Gareth, who was 48, took ill at an event in Edinburgh on Sunday 3rd January and, despite receiving the best care possible in Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, he passed away on Saturday.
“Everyone at Hoskins Architects is deeply shocked and saddened by this untimely loss.