- You are here: Home » News » Banking news » R3 assembles expert technology team to lead distributed ledger initiative
Financial innovation firm R3 announced the team tasked with managing the design and delivery of advanced distributed ledger technologies to global financial markets in partnership with its consortium of member banks.
- The R3 collaborative model is the best way to quickly, efficiently and cost effectively deliver these new technologies to global financial markets.
- The team brings together a unique set of expertise in electronic financial markets, distributed ledgers and blockchain technologies.
- In his fifteen-year career at IBM he specialized in the application of new technology in banking and financial markets.
- Ian Grigg, Architecture Consultant: Ian is a financial cryptographer with 20 years experience building secure ledger systems for the internet.
- Architects seek $2.9 billion to build ‘Lord of the Rings’ city Minas Tirith in U.K.
Crowd-sourced projects with lofty aspirations are a dime a dozen, but Jonathan Wilson’s Indiegogo proposal is asking for many more dimes — nearly $2.9 billion — to build the “Lord of the Rings” city of Minas Tirith.
- If the nearly $2.9 billion goal isn’t reached by the late-September deadline, no contributors will be charged the amount they pledged.
- “We settled on Minas Tirith, as we felt it represented the most realistic and sustainable project.”
- Living in England’s Worcestershire County, Wilson said he came up with the idea to build the city after watching a marathon of its corresponding movies with his friends.
- In addition to posting updates on the Indiegogo page, Wilson is updating fans on project progress on Twitter, via his @RealiseMinas account.