- The cover of David Bowie’s Blackstar album, released just days before his death, was designed to reflect the musician’s mortality, according to his graphic design collaborator Jonathan Barnbrook.
- This week on Dezeen: the designer behind David Bowie’s Blackstar album artwork revealed its true meaning in an exclusive interview and we looked ahead to the era of the “megatall” skyscraper.
More architecture | More interiors | More design | More news
- Rotterdam-based architecture firm OMA also released images of its renovation plan for Berlin’s KaDeWe department store.
- Rotterdam is fast becoming a centre for innovation, according to architects we interviewed this week.
Cameron Sinclair interview about humanitarian architecture
- Cameron Sinclair: I’m the co-founder of Architecture for Humanity and I ran that for close to 14 years.
- They’ve been snaked there, they’ve had a taste of humanitarian work and they would rather starve than work in an office.
- “And I am never going to win the Pritzker Prize, I’m going to die happy knowing that.”
- “I will never do a skyscraper in my life ever, I’m going to die happy knowing that,” said Sinclair.
- Cameron Sinclair: It makes it hard to critique because I’m doing something similar.