- A thick loop of concrete forms the walls, flooring and roof of this pool house, completed by Indian firm 42mm Architecture in the garden of a New Delhi residence (+ slideshow).
- The pre-stressed concrete structure made it possible to slightly cantilever the structure over the edge of its sloping site.
Other recently completed pool houses include a bulky concrete structure in Madrid and a building with a folded wooden ceiling in Melbourne.
- “This combination of wood and concrete renders an expression which welcomes its guests while dazzling them,” added 42mm Architecture.
- “Asserting its presence with a singular, bold and robust frame, this house sits impressively within its surroundings,” it added.
Civils contractor faces £400,000 illegal worker fine Ι Construction Enquirer
- The raid, carried out with the cooperation of the main contractor on the job, found the illegal workers were all employed by civils subcontractor Sword Construction.
- Twenty illegal workers have been arrested after being found working at a construction site on the Capenhurst power station in Cheshire.
- Tough new measures to tackle illegal workers and punish firms employing them are being introduced in the Immigration Bill currently progressing through Parliament.
- Immigration officials swooped after a tip-off and found 20 Indian men aged between 30 and 50 working on the job without visas.
- If proof is not provided, this is a potential total of up to £400,000.
Tekla Appoints AF Infotech As it’s Centre of Excellence in Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Tekla has appointed AF Infotech as one of its Centres of Excellence in India for their Tekla Structures software.
- Vikash Kumar, Business Head, AF Infotech, said, “We are happy to be appointed as the Tekla Centre of Excellence in Jharkhand.
- AF Infotech will provide quality technical education with adequate industrial exposure with its innovative teaching methods.
- The institute will impart special certification course on Tekla BIM technology in their curriculum.
- Tekla in India will also conduct training sessions at AF Infotech to enable the industry people and students to explore Tekla’s technology.