Skip to content
- We were promised more information will be revealed as we get closer to the release of Polaris graphics products.
- Getting finny AMD says Polaris chips have been designed specifically for fabrication with FinFETs.
- These two changes combined promise to offer the biggest improvement in performance per watt, generation to generation, in AMD’s history.
- During a press briefing, AMD product marketing manager Adam Kozack boasted that Polaris is a “historic leap in performance per watt” (via GamesBeat).
- The Polaris card drew just 83W, while the GTX 950 drew 140W. But Raja Koduri, who runs the new Radeon Technologies Group, said it’s not unlike the situation ATI faced in 2001.