- Argentinian studio It Met used corrugated plastic and sheets of wood to partition the workspaces of this advertising agency in Buenos Aires.
- “We are are an architecture and design studio, so the furniture pieces that we develop are always directed to solve or to complement our architecture spaces,” said Ciovich.
- “There are 10 different kinds of panels, and all of them were designed under the same concept,” said Ciovich.
- Ten types of panel in different materials and coatings were used to designate meeting rooms, desk spaces and recreational areas.
- “We believe in the concept of modular architecture that takes shape through the union of different parts.”
Tag: Los Angeles
Livinglass Announces Free Decorative Glass Samples
- Architectural decorative glass is the key to making any design look extraordinary.
- As you may know, we here at Livinglass make custom glass in Los Angeles, CA for the world’s largest designers and architecture firms around the world.
- Our architectural glass designs are renowned for their beauty, elegance, safety, and use of recycled materials. We make you look good, as well as the planet.
- We are excited for our recent growth and for the impact that our glass designs are having on the international architecture and design community.
- Our other custom glass lines: Fusion, Fresh and Elemental, offer additional design options.
Private firms question California high-speed rail funding
- So the California High-Speed Rail Authority asked firms to suggest how to reduce costs, speed up construction and attract outside money.
- Officials with the rail authority called the receipt of 36 responses a sign that the private sector is very interested.
- The rail authority released the documents to The Associated Press under a Public Records Act request.
- SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Businesses that might bid to build a high-speed rail network across California are questioning whether there will be enough government funding to complete the complex and ambitious project.
- In response it received 36 submissions from firms including global construction and engineering giants AECOM, Siemens and Parsons.
Vectorworks Announces Six BIM Camp Events
- Beginning tomorrow and continuing over the next three months, global design software developer Vectorworks, Inc.® will host six BIM Camp events in major U.S. cities including: Boston, New York, Chicago, New Orleans, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Continue to check back at this page for future BIM Camp location announcements.
- Dates and locations of upcoming camps include:
The cost to attend a BIM Camp is $25 per person.
- “Our BIM Camps are geared toward those who might be unsure of how to use the cutting-edge technology to its fullest capacity,” said Rubina Siddiqui, Senior BIM solutions specialist at Vectorworks.
- Vectorworks, Inc. is a global design software developer serving the architecture, landscape and entertainment industries.
Lift-off! My 90-second ride into the future of virtual reality
- For all the hype around 3D virtual and augmented realities, however, the technology still necessitates strapping a device to your head.
- For anyone who has experienced virtual reality (VR) before, or been in any kind of simulator, the experience is all rather underwhelming, particularly after the warnings of motion sickness and expectations of an immersive bucking bronco ride.
- Signing a health and safety waiver and confirming that I’m not overly sensitive to noise, I am strapped into a padded vest and virtual reality goggles and invited to straddle the turbine – and ominously told to hold on tightly.
- Before you know it, you’re floating somewhere above an imaginary landscape and landing back in the room 90 seconds later.
- Which is something that the spectacular downfall of Google Glass revealed the general public – if not hardcore gamers – are still very reluctant to do.
Instagram users offer a preview of LA’s Broad Museum
- It will house over 200,000 pieces of postwar and contemporary art from the collections of Eli and Edythe Broad, who also backed the Zaha Hadid-designed Edythe and Eli Broad Art Museum in Michigan, which opened in 2012.
- Instagram users and officials from the Broad have been posting images of the building, including glimpses of the interior, as it readies to open.
- The images offer a preview of the structure designed by the New York architecture firm, well ahead of the publication of official photography.
- Frank Gehry’s new headquarters for Facebook debuted on Instagram, with visitors posting images during the building’s preview before pictures were issued for publication.
- The building will also become the new home for the Broad Foundation, which is currently based in Santa Monica.