- Mass timber could prove to be a viable alternative to concrete and steel for mid-to-high rise buildings.
- We don’t see mass timber replacing those, it just becomes another option when certain parameters and goals apply to a project.”
- Called mass timber, the material is an umbrella term for large, solid chunks of panelized wood.
- Out of the mass timber initiative, CLT might prove to change the construction paradigm.
- Two urban building projects, in New York City and Portland, Oregon, will be changing their city’s skylines with an environmentally sustainable, cost-competitive building material.
Build New York Live are pleased to announce our official judges – Press Release Rocket
- His work uses computer simulation and computer numerically controlled (CNC) hardware to generate innovative design, construction, and assembly solutions.
- For more information, please visit http://www.asite.com. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_uYAJvb2rk
This is the 7th “Build Live” event in the Build Earth Live series founded to promote Collaborative BIM awareness in the AEC community.
- In 2008, the same project also won an AIA New York Merit Award and a New York Designs Award from the Architectural League of New York.
- Nathan was part of the BSI working group which developed the British Standards for Collaborative BIM – BS1192 and PAS1192, and co-founded the Build Earth Live series of global Collaborative BIM events in 2008.
- Build New York Live, a 48hr global BIM competition organized by Asite, is the latest event in the Build Earth Live series
New technology is revolutionizing the way buildings are designed and how the public can be engaged in the process.
Police: Construction crooner found dead in apparent suicide
This story has been corrected to show that Russo’s body was found one month, not two months, after he went missing.
- Four years after Gary Russo’s brush with fame, the “Second Avenue Sinatra” vanished without a trace after leaving his home shortly after midnight on July 28.
- NEW YORK (AP) — A karaoke-loving ironworker who briefly became a New York sensation for his serenades from a subway construction site has been found dead in an apparent suicide, a month after he disappeared from his Queens neighborhood, police said Friday.
- Earlier this month, Russo’s car was found abandoned in the same neighborhood.
- Russo was helping build the future Second Avenue subway under Manhattan’s Upper East Side in late July 2011 when he began using his lunch breaks to start singing in public, serenading onlookers.
Victor Enrich manipulates photography to relocate NY gallery
- While the pavilion looks largely unchanged, the Storefront gallery has been reorganised so that its ground-level facade is now at the top.
- Spanish photographer Victor Enrich has used digital manipulation to splice together two buildings – the Storefront for Art & Architecture gallery in New York and the Spanish Republic Pavilion from the 1937 Paris Expo.
- To demonstrate this, Enrich used digital modelling to combine the two buildings – creating an impossible hybrid structure connected by a single column.
- The exhibition is entitled Measure, so Enrich has developed a fictional scenario where the New York gallery becomes the basis of a new unit of measuring.
- Storefront made the news earlier this year when a facade installation created by architecture studio SO-IL was vandalised.