Skip to content
- Pomo summer: Memphis Group designer Martine Bedin’s Super Lamp can be trailed along like a dog on a leash, demonstrating the collective’s playful style.
- “We were always discussing the possibilities of new furniture, furniture that could move,” said Bedin. “I was designing everything on wheels at this time.
- The Super Lamp was one of a variety of lighting designs that Bedin created for Memphis.
- The Super Lamp is still produced and sold through the Memphis Milano gallery, and has remained one of Memphis’ most recognisable pieces.
- Sottsass and his wife Barbara Radice also visited Bedin in Paris, and spotted the design for the Super Lamp while flicking through her sketch book.
- David Chipperfield Architects has completed a pair of holiday villas inspired by lemon houses on a hillside overlooking Italy’s largest lake (+ slideshow).
- According to David Chipperfield Architects, they “echo the rhythm of the surrounding olive groves”.
- The British architect’s Berlin office paired rugged stone walls with timber and concrete pergolas to recreate the aesthetic of Lake Garda’s famous limonaias – buildings where lemon trees are cultivated behind high walls.
- The largest of the two structures, known as Villa David Chipperfield, is a two-storey structure with an open-plan living, dining and kitchen space on the ground floor.
- Once complete, the Villa Eden will comprise seven villas, a hotel and an apartment building.