- High quality PE recompounds launched / Rising demand from construction sector / Newcycling project in development
German recycling specialist(APK, Merseburg; www.apk-ag.de ) has developed technology for producing high quality recycled regranulates from post-consumer film scrap.
- APK, using its proprietary technologies, has built a large-scale pilot plant financed by German venture capital firmsand
- They emerge from APKs elaborate cleaning, separation and recycling process as Mersalen LDPE recompounds and MDPE recompounds in pellet form., manager of APKs southwest sales office, said: Our Mersalen MDPE recompounds, which are designed for demanding processing technologies and applications, are meeting growing demand from the building industry and other sectors.
- The scrap, called fraction 310, comprises pieces of PE and PP film.
- As a result, said APK, the MDPE recompounds are particularly clean, contain little or no moisture and have undergone minimal thermal damage.A project to separate and recycle plastic waste from the packaging and automotive industries into raw materials with properties identical to virgin material (newcycling) is also underway.