Skip to content
- After the quakes hit Nepal, Ban said Nepali students in Tokyo and his friends around the world hastened to raise funds for his project.
- Construction workers make the final touches to a prototype house of the Nepal House Project designed by Japanese architect Shigeru Ban in Kathmandu October 15, 2015.
- Renowned Japanese architect Shigeru Ban – who helped bring global attention to humanitarian architecture and continues to influence fellow architects and disaster-relief workers – devised a solution.
- The prototype for his latest humanitarian housing project in Nepal consists of standard timber door frames joined together and reinforced with plywood.
- His initial goal to build 30 homes in Phatakshila in the Sindhupalchok district in central Nepal in the coming months is moving forward.