- Lawrence argued that the “non-verisimilitude” of rooms paradoxically preserved the intention of the original architecture at the level of aura.
- How can authorship work to expose hidden value judgments or latent potential in a so-called “original”?
- The commercial and social value of “new” and “novel” and even “original” are, arguably, products of modernity.
- What constitutes authorship when architecture almost always involves the evolution of existing typologies?
- What does it mean to preserve or destabilise “original” authorial intent?
- His work uses computer simulation and computer numerically controlled (CNC) hardware to generate innovative design, construction, and assembly solutions.
- For more information, please visit http://www.asite.com. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_uYAJvb2rk
This is the 7th “Build Live” event in the Build Earth Live series founded to promote Collaborative BIM awareness in the AEC community.
- In 2008, the same project also won an AIA New York Merit Award and a New York Designs Award from the Architectural League of New York.
- Nathan was part of the BSI working group which developed the British Standards for Collaborative BIM – BS1192 and PAS1192, and co-founded the Build Earth Live series of global Collaborative BIM events in 2008.
- Build New York Live, a 48hr global BIM competition organized by Asite, is the latest event in the Build Earth Live series
New technology is revolutionizing the way buildings are designed and how the public can be engaged in the process.