- Somerville, NJ – December 08, 2015 – Pieros Construction Co., Inc., of Somerville, New Jersey, has received GAF’s most prestigious contractor award: The GAF President’s Club Award.
- Pieros Construction of Somerville, NJ, has received GAF’s 2014 President’s Club Award.
- This highly coveted award recognizes Pieros Construction as one of the “elite of the elite” among commercial roofing contractors in the United States.
- Pieros Construction has been a GAF Master Select(TM) commercial roofing contractor since 2003.
- All of these contribute to our commitment to identify and fulfill our customers’ needs.”
About Pieros Construction Co., Inc.
Tag: North America
Lindus Construction Receives GAF’s Prestigious 2014 President’s Club Award
- Baldwin, WI – December 04, 2015 – Lindus Construction, Inc., of Baldwin, Wisconsin, has received GAF’s most prestigious contractor award: The GAF President’s Club Award.
- Whether their clients are remodeling their homes or doing new construction, Lindus Construction keeps them highly satisfied with top-tiered products, a staff of hard-working & talented employees and a strong tradition of excellence.
- Lindus Construction of Baldwin, WI, has received GAF’s 2014 President’s Club Award.
- This highly coveted award recognizes Lindus Construction as one of the “elite of the elite” residential roofing contractors in the United States.
- GAF is North America’s largest roofing manufacturer, and only GAF Master Elite(R) Contractors can compete for its President’s Club Award.
Mortenson Construction Enters Energy Storage Market
- Mortenson Construction, a recognized leader in energy and transmission infrastructure in North America, today announced it is entering the energy storage market.
- The company will serve various roles in the engineering, construction and integration of energy storage systems interconnected to local energy grids and behind-the-meter commercial applications.
- Driving this activity is increasing renewable energy generation, supportive policies and regulations, and growth of smart grids and energy infrastructure.
- About Mortenson
Founded in 1954, Mortenson is a U.S.-based, family-owned construction and development services company.
- Storage systems can provide near instantaneous injections of power to facilities and infrastructure without the inefficiencies of bringing additional power generation online.
BTI Systems Extends the Cloud to the Central Office With New Virtual Network Edge Solution
- The BTI 7800 Virtual Network Edge represents the third phase of the BTI 7800 Series platform rollout.
- At the Layer123 SDN & OpenFlow World Congress, BTI will showcase the Virtual Network Edge solution — in Booth #14 — by demonstrating a Proof-of-Concept with Active Broadband Networks’ Virtual Broadband Network Gateway (vBNG).
- The BTI 7800 Virtual Network Edge solution integrates rich optical transport and wire-speed routing with applications software in an open system that supports rapid development and ease of use.
- A new class of solution that capitalizes on a truly open architecture, integrating cloud/Web 2.0 technologies with a converged packet-optical platform, the BTI 7800 Virtual Network Edge enables next-generation broadband services delivery at the network edge.
- BTI is a market-leading provider of cloud and metro networking software and systems to colocation, content and service providers around the world.
NTE Energy Closes Financing for 475 MW PJM Project in Ohio
- NTE Energy, a power developer and energy services provider, announced today that its affiliate NTE Ohio, LLC (“NTE”), has successfully closed $645 million in project financing for construction and operation of its Middletown Energy Center.
- NTE Energy, through its affiliates, develops and acquires strategically located electric generation and transmission facilities within North America.
- Capital Dynamics’ CEI team holds extensive expertise in investing, financing, owning and operating conventional and clean energy businesses globally.
- NTE Energy, through its affiliates, is actively developing three projects located in West Texas, Southwest Ohio, and North Carolina as well as pursuing early-stage opportunities in several other locations.
- The team executes all aspects of project development, from initial market and site evaluations and permitting to financing, construction and operation.
Building Design + Construction Magazine Ranks Balfour Beatty Construction US No. 6 in 2015 Giants 300 Report
- Building Design + Construction also ranked Balfour Beatty high in multiple market sectors, including top 10 rankings in eight sector-specific categories.
- For example, an integrated Balfour Beatty Construction team reduced design, procurement and delivery costs from $1.95 billion to $1 billion for one client by optimizing the use of off-site construction methodologies.
- DALLAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Building Design + Construction (BD+C) magazine has ranked Balfour Beatty Construction the No. 6 general contractor based on 2014 U.S. revenue in its annual Giants 300 Report, which ranks the leading firms in the AEC industry for building-type revenue, green building work, BIM revenue, and more.
- Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, Balfour Beatty Construction Services US has been cited as a Top 10 Domestic Building Contractor and Top 10 Green Builder by Engineering News-Record.
- Additional representative milestones and recognition achieved by the Balfour Beatty Construction team in 2014 include:
An industry leader for more than 80 years, Balfour Beatty Construction US provides general contracting, at-risk construction management, and design-build services for a wide variety of markets, serving clients in both the public and private sectors.
Can Design Change Society? Symposium and Exhibition in Berlin
- Can Design Change Society? pop-up exhibition will run from 2 – 20 September in Haus der Kulturen der Welt in Berlin.
- Can Design Change Society? It is, indeed, the big question that has plagued the design profession right from the beginning.
- The pop-up exhibition will present prototypical projects, both historical and contemporary, that have tried to use design for social change.
- By what means can we approach design change and the future in a new way today?
- Starting with the high aspirations of Bauhaus to use rational, humanist design to transform every aspect of life, the spectre of social change continues to haunt design.
Drone Oversight Is Coming to Construction Sites
- For some construction workers, any thoughts of slacking off could soon seem rather quaint.
- Monitoring activity across a large, complex construction site is particularly difficult because there are so many moving parts, and because the jobs being performed change frequently.
- Once per day, several drones automatically patrol the Sacramento work site, collecting video footage.
- The software developed by the University of Illinois team can show how different subcontracting teams are working together.
- At the Sacramento project, video is being captured by a drone-operating company called ImageInFlight.
Discover the building information modeling market that will be worth $8,646.47 million by 2020, at a CAGR of 16.72%
- The building information modeling market is expected to grow from a market share of $2640.12 million in 2013 to $8646.47 million by 2020 at a CAGR of 16.72%.
- Players involved in the development of building information modeling market include Archidata Inc.(Canada), Asite Solutions Pvt.
- This growth is expected due to the growing industrial sector for the building information modeling market.
- Browse 111 market data tables and 80 figures spread through 230 pages and in-depth TOC on “Building Information Modeling Market – Analysis and Forecast 2013 – 2020”.
- The quality of building information modeling process is determined by reducing costs, saving time, and improving speed of the process.