Skip to content
- This was not a public enquiry into a war, a plane crash or a complicated corporate legal case.
- This is a tawdry saga that has wasted time and money, and only served to exacerbate the deep, deep pain and loss felt by a family.
- The impact on families and all those involved in serious incidents is devastating.
- The construction trades union UCATT has expressed concern that criminal proceedings, arising from the death of an electrician working on a demolition site in August 2007, have taken over 8 years to conclude (November 2015).
- There is no justifiable reason why a case like this should not be resolved quickly.
- Barnsley Magistrates Court heard that the underground electric cable was struck by a metal spade used to excavate a post hole..
- The workman received an electric shock although the shock did not cause any lasting injury.
- Berneslai Homes Ltd has been prosecuted after a joiner received an electric shock whilst replacing a wooden garden fence at a domestic property in Barnsley on 26 November 2013.
- Berneslai Homes Ltd is responsible for managing 18,800 homes on behalf of Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council.
- The case follows a subsequent HSE investigation into safety standards during maintenance work of council owned domestic properties.