- You are here: Home » News » Banking news » R3 assembles expert technology team to lead distributed ledger initiative
Financial innovation firm R3 announced the team tasked with managing the design and delivery of advanced distributed ledger technologies to global financial markets in partnership with its consortium of member banks.
- The R3 collaborative model is the best way to quickly, efficiently and cost effectively deliver these new technologies to global financial markets.
- The team brings together a unique set of expertise in electronic financial markets, distributed ledgers and blockchain technologies.
- In his fifteen-year career at IBM he specialized in the application of new technology in banking and financial markets.
- Ian Grigg, Architecture Consultant: Ian is a financial cryptographer with 20 years experience building secure ledger systems for the internet.
Tag: San Francisco
Private firms question California high-speed rail funding
- So the California High-Speed Rail Authority asked firms to suggest how to reduce costs, speed up construction and attract outside money.
- Officials with the rail authority called the receipt of 36 responses a sign that the private sector is very interested.
- The rail authority released the documents to The Associated Press under a Public Records Act request.
- SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Businesses that might bid to build a high-speed rail network across California are questioning whether there will be enough government funding to complete the complex and ambitious project.
- In response it received 36 submissions from firms including global construction and engineering giants AECOM, Siemens and Parsons.
Vectorworks Announces Six BIM Camp Events
- Beginning tomorrow and continuing over the next three months, global design software developer Vectorworks, Inc.® will host six BIM Camp events in major U.S. cities including: Boston, New York, Chicago, New Orleans, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Continue to check back at this page for future BIM Camp location announcements.
- Dates and locations of upcoming camps include:
The cost to attend a BIM Camp is $25 per person.
- “Our BIM Camps are geared toward those who might be unsure of how to use the cutting-edge technology to its fullest capacity,” said Rubina Siddiqui, Senior BIM solutions specialist at Vectorworks.
- Vectorworks, Inc. is a global design software developer serving the architecture, landscape and entertainment industries.
Construction adds 6000 jobs in July; unemployment falls to 8-year low
- The US economy added 215,000 jobs in July, while the unemployment rate remained steady at 5.3%, meeting expectations.
Health care added 28,000 jobs in July and has added 436,000 jobs over the year.
- Some commentators have asserted that the unemployment rate is a misleading measure because the post-crisis decline in the labor force reflects more than demographic factors.
- Friday’s report means “it will be hard to justify delaying an initial Fed rate hike”, said Scott Anderson, chief economist of Bank of the West in San Francisco.
- Economists had expected employment to climb by about 223,000 jobs, which would have matched the increase originally reported for the previous month.