Skip to content
- Emerson said that these edge facilities, or neighbourhood data centres, will support the larger data centres providing low-latency content and applications to users or data processing and logic for IoT networks.
- Reams of data will pour into data centres as IoT becomes more widely adopted, but data will not be the only changing factor impacting the industry.
- To answer this, data centres will need to find a common language in which devices can interact.
- According to Emerson, cloud could get more complex as data centre servers are still running below their optimum capacity.
- The company said the solution will enable new levels of visibility, control and automation by creating interconnectivity across data centre systems.
- The BTI 7800 Virtual Network Edge represents the third phase of the BTI 7800 Series platform rollout.
- At the Layer123 SDN & OpenFlow World Congress, BTI will showcase the Virtual Network Edge solution — in Booth #14 — by demonstrating a Proof-of-Concept with Active Broadband Networks’ Virtual Broadband Network Gateway (vBNG).
- The BTI 7800 Virtual Network Edge solution integrates rich optical transport and wire-speed routing with applications software in an open system that supports rapid development and ease of use.
- A new class of solution that capitalizes on a truly open architecture, integrating cloud/Web 2.0 technologies with a converged packet-optical platform, the BTI 7800 Virtual Network Edge enables next-generation broadband services delivery at the network edge.
- BTI is a market-leading provider of cloud and metro networking software and systems to colocation, content and service providers around the world.