- The event was designed to enhance the students’ understanding of various BIM concepts and scenarios.
- Recently, 24 university students from three different universities in Singapore, Australia and Columbia had the opportunity to take part in a five-day 5D BIM Immersion and Competition.
- The immersion featured a number of hands-on training sessions on 4D and 5D BIM concepts using a variety of software such as ARCHICAD and Synchro.
For more information on the 5D BIM Immersion and Competition, visit the GRAPHISOFT website.
- Students in the southern hemisphere have been busy learning what building information modeling (BIM) is all about.
London has most expensive construction costs in Europe, second in the world
- The International Construction Costs Index published by Arcadis, analyses the relative costs of construction across 44 major cities, and also shows a crucial imbalance in London’s expensive construction market.
- London is the most expensive city in Europe and the second most expensive city worldwide in which to build, according to an index from a global design and consultancy business.
- At the other end the least expensive cities for construction are Taipei, Bangalore, Bangkok, Kula Lumpur, Ho Chi Min, Bucharest, Prague, Sarajevo, Sofia and Jakarta.
- Overall the top city is New York, with Hong Kong in third place followed by Geneva and Macau.
- Cost premiums in the top cities range from 40% to 60% in comparison with other European counterparts.