Skip to content
- As Charles Eames used to tell his staff: “Take your pleasure seriously.”
- The Eameses playful mischief is still evident in their home studio, the smaller pavilion that stands across a small courtyard from the house.
- New employees of the Eames Office would be set the daunting challenge of rearranging the keys to make a new tune.
- As the British brutalist architect Peter Smithson, an Eames-admiring contemporary, put it: “They made it respectable to like pretty things”.
- A replica features in the exhibition, providing an appropriately anarchic plinkety-plonk soundtrack to the riot of ideas.