Skip to content
- SSAB is to initiate employer-employee negotiations regarding a potential reduction in the workforce at SSAB Europe division’s production site in Raahe and in the Ruukki Construction division.
- SSAB Europe has responsibility for strip, plate and tubular products in Europe, and global profit responsibility for the Automotive segment.
- The negotiations will affect around 2,900 employees in Finland and there is a need to reduce the workforce by a maximum of 295 persons.
- The negotiations at the Raahe site affect the entire personnel, 2,455 persons: all employees in production and support functions at SSAB Europe, SSAB Special Steels and group functions.
- The negotiations at Ruukki Construction aim to reduce costs by a total of at least SEK 200 million on a permanent annual basis.