- Santa Clara County Executive Jeff Smith has found construction contractor Turner Construction in default by $300 million on the Santa Clara Valley Medial Center campus construction.
- Turner officials have blamed the county for delays and defended the company’s safety record.
- The video is being used to discredit Turner for what the county says is a two-year delay in the hospital expansion.
- They released the video along with a series of communications, which they say shows Turner failed to offer a satisfactory account of the steam explosion, which could have been fatal.
Now, in an increasingly bitter dispute that played out Monday at the construction site, the county declared it intends to fire Turner Construction, the company overseeing the project and one of the country’s biggest builders, whom county officials blame for falling woefully behind on the job.
Tag: Turner Construction
Drone Oversight Is Coming to Construction Sites
- For some construction workers, any thoughts of slacking off could soon seem rather quaint.
- Monitoring activity across a large, complex construction site is particularly difficult because there are so many moving parts, and because the jobs being performed change frequently.
- Once per day, several drones automatically patrol the Sacramento work site, collecting video footage.
- The software developed by the University of Illinois team can show how different subcontracting teams are working together.
- At the Sacramento project, video is being captured by a drone-operating company called ImageInFlight.