- Mass timber could prove to be a viable alternative to concrete and steel for mid-to-high rise buildings.
- We don’t see mass timber replacing those, it just becomes another option when certain parameters and goals apply to a project.”
- Called mass timber, the material is an umbrella term for large, solid chunks of panelized wood.
- Out of the mass timber initiative, CLT might prove to change the construction paradigm.
- Two urban building projects, in New York City and Portland, Oregon, will be changing their city’s skylines with an environmentally sustainable, cost-competitive building material.
Tag: United States
Pieros Construction Receives GAF’s Prestigious 2014 President’s Club Award
- Somerville, NJ – December 08, 2015 – Pieros Construction Co., Inc., of Somerville, New Jersey, has received GAF’s most prestigious contractor award: The GAF President’s Club Award.
- Pieros Construction of Somerville, NJ, has received GAF’s 2014 President’s Club Award.
- This highly coveted award recognizes Pieros Construction as one of the “elite of the elite” among commercial roofing contractors in the United States.
- Pieros Construction has been a GAF Master Select(TM) commercial roofing contractor since 2003.
- All of these contribute to our commitment to identify and fulfill our customers’ needs.”
About Pieros Construction Co., Inc.
Building Blocks for Better Housing > ENGINEERING.com
- This is the Tetris House: a modular housing design that loves to show off its good side.
- The entire Tetris House structure is constructed of concrete and steel with walls of glass windows.
- As you may have guessed, the puzzle video game Tetris is the inspiration for this modern modular housing design.
“The entire Tetris House structure consists of stiff ‘building blocks,’” said Janjaap Ruijssenaars, founder of the house’s designer Universe Architecture.
- The Tetris House design was recently approved for mass production on an international scale—meaning that it could be showing up in a neighborhood near you.
To learn more about the Tetris House system, check out the website.
Lindus Construction Receives GAF’s Prestigious 2014 President’s Club Award
- Baldwin, WI – December 04, 2015 – Lindus Construction, Inc., of Baldwin, Wisconsin, has received GAF’s most prestigious contractor award: The GAF President’s Club Award.
- Whether their clients are remodeling their homes or doing new construction, Lindus Construction keeps them highly satisfied with top-tiered products, a staff of hard-working & talented employees and a strong tradition of excellence.
- Lindus Construction of Baldwin, WI, has received GAF’s 2014 President’s Club Award.
- This highly coveted award recognizes Lindus Construction as one of the “elite of the elite” residential roofing contractors in the United States.
- GAF is North America’s largest roofing manufacturer, and only GAF Master Elite(R) Contractors can compete for its President’s Club Award.
China completes construction of lighthouses in disputed South China Sea
- China has completed the construction of two lighthouses in the disputed South China Sea, the official Xinhua news agency reported, as tensions in the region mount over Beijing’s maritime ambitions.
- A completion ceremony was held for the lighthouses on Huayang Reef and Chigua Reef in the Spratly islands, Xinhua said late on Friday.
- China claims most of the energy-rich South China Sea, through which $5 trillion in ship-borne trade passes every year, and the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Taiwan and Brunei have overlapping claims.
- Beijing has said construction in the region is to help maritime search and rescue, disaster relief, environmental protection and navigational security.
- The issue is central to increasingly tense relations between the United States and China, the world’s two largest economies.
Rocla Concrete Tie, Inc. Begins Construction of New Facility in Florida
- Rocla Concrete Tie, Inc. (“Rocla”), the largest supplier of pre-stressed concrete ties to North America’s freight and transit railroads, has entered in to a long-term supply agreement with All Aboard Florida and Florida East Coast Railway (FECR).
- Rocla Concrete Tie, Inc. is a portfolio company of Altus Capital Partners.
- Rocla is the leading producer of pre-stressed concrete rail ties in the United States.
- Based in Jacksonville, Florida, FECR provides end-to-end intermodal and carload solutions to customers who demand cost-effective and premium quality.
- Vice President of Business Development, Brett Urquhart, said, “Rocla is excited to be part of this unique partnership between FECR and All Aboard Florida.
Inland Bays, Atlantic Ocean, Rehoboth Beach, Lewes, Milton, Dewey Beach, USA
- For more information, and to view Building Design+Construction magazine’s full Giants 300 Report online, go to www.dbfinc.com.
- Moving up in the Engineering/Architecture Firms category from No. 31 in 2014, DBF now ranks No. 27 in Building Design+Construction magazine’s Giants 300 Report for 2015.
- Once again, Davis, Bowen and Friedel Inc. has been ranked in the top 300 architecture, engineering and construction firms in the country.
- Michaels, Md., and Delmar, Del. and Md.; and the new regional service center now under construction for Choptank Electric in Salisbury, Md.
- With an annual list based on revenue data, the magazine charts the largest commercial AEC firms in the United States based on their building-type revenue, building information modeling revenue, green building work and other criteria.
High Construction Completes Reconstruction of Turnpike Service Plaza – Press Release Rocket
- High Construction is an affiliate of High Real Estate Group LLC, which also includes Greenfield Architects Ltd., High Associates Ltd., High Investors Ltd., and High Hotels Ltd.
- High Construction Company has completed the reconstruction of the Pennsylvania Turnpike Service Plaza at Valley Forge.
- High Construction Company announced that it completed the reconstruction of the Pennsylvania Turnpike Service Plaza at Valley Forge.
- The new Valley Forge plaza, located at milepost 324.6 (eastbound between the Downingtown Exit #312 and the Valley Forge Exit #326), is open 24 hours.
- High Construction Company provides design-build, general contracting, and construction management services throughout the mid-Atlantic region of the United States.