- The cover of David Bowie’s Blackstar album, released just days before his death, was designed to reflect the musician’s mortality, according to his graphic design collaborator Jonathan Barnbrook.
- This week on Dezeen: the designer behind David Bowie’s Blackstar album artwork revealed its true meaning in an exclusive interview and we looked ahead to the era of the “megatall” skyscraper.
More architecture | More interiors | More design | More news
- Rotterdam-based architecture firm OMA also released images of its renovation plan for Berlin’s KaDeWe department store.
- Rotterdam is fast becoming a centre for innovation, according to architects we interviewed this week.
Tag: US Department
Urban jungle: wooden high-rises change city skylines as builders ditch concrete
- Mass timber could prove to be a viable alternative to concrete and steel for mid-to-high rise buildings.
- We don’t see mass timber replacing those, it just becomes another option when certain parameters and goals apply to a project.”
- Called mass timber, the material is an umbrella term for large, solid chunks of panelized wood.
- Out of the mass timber initiative, CLT might prove to change the construction paradigm.
- Two urban building projects, in New York City and Portland, Oregon, will be changing their city’s skylines with an environmentally sustainable, cost-competitive building material.