- His work uses computer simulation and computer numerically controlled (CNC) hardware to generate innovative design, construction, and assembly solutions.
- For more information, please visit http://www.asite.com. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_uYAJvb2rk
This is the 7th “Build Live” event in the Build Earth Live series founded to promote Collaborative BIM awareness in the AEC community.
- In 2008, the same project also won an AIA New York Merit Award and a New York Designs Award from the Architectural League of New York.
- Nathan was part of the BSI working group which developed the British Standards for Collaborative BIM – BS1192 and PAS1192, and co-founded the Build Earth Live series of global Collaborative BIM events in 2008.
- Build New York Live, a 48hr global BIM competition organized by Asite, is the latest event in the Build Earth Live series
New technology is revolutionizing the way buildings are designed and how the public can be engaged in the process.
- Building Design + Construction also ranked Balfour Beatty high in multiple market sectors, including top 10 rankings in eight sector-specific categories.
- For example, an integrated Balfour Beatty Construction team reduced design, procurement and delivery costs from $1.95 billion to $1 billion for one client by optimizing the use of off-site construction methodologies.
- DALLAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Building Design + Construction (BD+C) magazine has ranked Balfour Beatty Construction the No. 6 general contractor based on 2014 U.S. revenue in its annual Giants 300 Report, which ranks the leading firms in the AEC industry for building-type revenue, green building work, BIM revenue, and more.
- Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, Balfour Beatty Construction Services US has been cited as a Top 10 Domestic Building Contractor and Top 10 Green Builder by Engineering News-Record.
- Additional representative milestones and recognition achieved by the Balfour Beatty Construction team in 2014 include:
An industry leader for more than 80 years, Balfour Beatty Construction US provides general contracting, at-risk construction management, and design-build services for a wide variety of markets, serving clients in both the public and private sectors.
- It will house over 200,000 pieces of postwar and contemporary art from the collections of Eli and Edythe Broad, who also backed the Zaha Hadid-designed Edythe and Eli Broad Art Museum in Michigan, which opened in 2012.
- Instagram users and officials from the Broad have been posting images of the building, including glimpses of the interior, as it readies to open.
- The images offer a preview of the structure designed by the New York architecture firm, well ahead of the publication of official photography.
- Frank Gehry’s new headquarters for Facebook debuted on Instagram, with visitors posting images during the building’s preview before pictures were issued for publication.
- The building will also become the new home for the Broad Foundation, which is currently based in Santa Monica.
- Figures are offered up for different scenarios, such as leasing solar panels, taking out a loan to pay for them or buying them outright.
- Powered by Google Maps, Project Sunroof can tell users how much sun is hitting their roof and how much they might be able to shave off their power bills.
The video below provides a quick overview of Project Sunroof.
- According to Google, it already has access to all the information needed to create detailed maps of your rooftop’s candidacy for solar harvesting.
- Well, a new venture from Google is aimed at taking the guesswork out of weaning your household off the grid.
- The US economy added 215,000 jobs in July, while the unemployment rate remained steady at 5.3%, meeting expectations.
Health care added 28,000 jobs in July and has added 436,000 jobs over the year.
- Some commentators have asserted that the unemployment rate is a misleading measure because the post-crisis decline in the labor force reflects more than demographic factors.
- Friday’s report means “it will be hard to justify delaying an initial Fed rate hike”, said Scott Anderson, chief economist of Bank of the West in San Francisco.
- Economists had expected employment to climb by about 223,000 jobs, which would have matched the increase originally reported for the previous month.
- While the pavilion looks largely unchanged, the Storefront gallery has been reorganised so that its ground-level facade is now at the top.
- Spanish photographer Victor Enrich has used digital manipulation to splice together two buildings – the Storefront for Art & Architecture gallery in New York and the Spanish Republic Pavilion from the 1937 Paris Expo.
- To demonstrate this, Enrich used digital modelling to combine the two buildings – creating an impossible hybrid structure connected by a single column.
- The exhibition is entitled Measure, so Enrich has developed a fictional scenario where the New York gallery becomes the basis of a new unit of measuring.
- Storefront made the news earlier this year when a facade installation created by architecture studio SO-IL was vandalised.