- The last British Art Show was the best so far.
The dynamism, unexpectedness and sheer abundance of the art market makes these art fairs a window on the new – and the old.
- Jonathan Jones
Groundbreaking attempt to place pop art in its global context or another rehash of familiar names and images?
- This long-overdue survey should allow us to focus more on the art, less on the man.
- The spiritual art of the past echoes in his work – martyrs, triptychs, meditation, all that sacred jazz.
Should Britain’s ‘worst building’ be demolished?
- That view of 20 Fenchurch Street that brought you to tears is the exact opposite of what he wanted.
- Either 20 Fenchurch Street is there as long as it endures, or we do something about it.
- After a day in Paris at Frank Gehry’s exhilarating fish-like, wave-like I found myself on the South Bank almost weeping at the view of 20 Fenchurch Street.
- I still find it very hard to accept that Centre Point, a building that once personified hit-and-run property development, should now be a listed building.
- Or even Sant’Elia, although buildings like 20 Fenchurch Street do seem to exploit modern engineering to create futurist dreams that would be a lot better left on paper.